PLAINFIELD – Thirteen District 202 high school student musicians will take part in the 70th annual Illinois Music Educators Association (ILMEA) All-State Conference festival on Jan. 25 to Jan. 27, 2018 in Peoria.
Participation in this event is one of the most prestigious honors in high school music in the state. The students auditioned last fall for the state event during district-level performances.
The students will perform with the best high school musicians in the state and work with world-renowned conductors. The Festival will close with a concert at the Peoria Civic Center arena January 27, 2018.
These District 202 student musicians will participate at the ILMEA All-State Conference festival:
Plainfield South High School
• Emily Rose (senior) – choir, Alto II
• Tyler Campbell (senior) – Future Music Educators Seminar
Plainfield North High School
• Katherine Buchanan (senior) – choir, soprano
• Emily Hensley (senior) – band, bassoon
• Kaitlyn Kowalski (junior) - band, flute
• Michael Witt (junior) – band, tuba
Plainfield East High School
• Mattie Levy (senior) – orchestra, English horn
• Sam Koppitz (senior) – honors choir, Bass 2
• Stephanie Lopez (senior) – honors choir, Alto 2
• Neha Adkoli (senior) – Future Music Educators Seminar
• Crystal Martillo (senior) – Future Music Educators Seminar
• Kaylee (Kal) Martin (sophomore) – Future Music Educators Seminar
• Adriel Rivera (junior) – composition, third place