• Affordable Pet Vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call
630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Incredible Bats show – 7 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. See live Egyptian fruit bats and African straw-colored fruit bats up close in this program for families. Registration required. Contact Jane Gardner at 815-552-4265 or email@example.com. For information, visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to
3 p.m. July 1, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• “I Spy Wildlife” – 1 to 2 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Get outside and explore the trail in search of wildlife on a naturalist-led hike. Each week will feature a new search to see if you can spy turtles sunning, frogs croaking, herons wading and more. Registration not required. Free. All ages. Registration not required. For information, visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Tail Waggin’ Tutors – 3 to 4 p.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Children build reading skills by reading to a therapy dog. First to fifth grade. To schedule a time, contact Rene Norris at
815-634-4552, ext. 110, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing” – 8 a.m. to noon, Plainfield. Volunteers and staff at viewing platform and visitor center to answer questions. Spotting scopes and a limited number of loaner binoculars are available. Bringing your own binoculars or spotting scope is recommended. Park in the Renwick Road lot. No dogs or bicycles. Free. All ages. Registration not required. For information, visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Animals for Awareness – 10:30 to
11:30 a.m., New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. Animals for Awareness is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the care of animals. See exotic and native animals and learn the best way to care for them. For ages 2 to 12. To register and for information, call 815-485-2605 or visit www.newlenoxlibrary.org.
• “Meet a Beekeeper” – 12:30 to
2:30 p.m., Plum Creek Nature Center, Beecher. Mike Rusnak will discuss beekeeping. Q&A. 18 and older. Free. Registration is not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.