• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Oct. 7, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• MasterChef Junior Live! –7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. For tickets and information, visit rialtosquare.com.
• CoffeeCake and Crime – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Featured book: " Gone to Dust" by Matt Goldman. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Book and Bake Sale – 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.; also 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Oct. 5; and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Oct. 6, Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Friends of the Library 7th Annual Wine and Cheese Gathering – 5 to 7 p.m., Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. All current and new members. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Free Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 10 a.m.,First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Everyone welcome.
• Taste of Oktoberfest - 10 to 11:15 a.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Chef Maddox presents methods and techniques for delicious German cuisine. Recipes and tastings included. Register at 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldlibrary.org.
• Annual Oktoberfest – Pasta and chicken dinner from 5 to 6:30 p.m.; silent auction at 7 p.m., Immaculate Conception School, Dr. Connor Gym, 518 East Jackson St., Morris. $15 at the door. Benefits Catholic education for I.C.S. students. Call 815-942-4111 or visit ics1.org.
• Lobster Fest IV – 5 to 10 p.m., Illinois State Museum, 201 W 10th St., Lockport, Benefits support of the mission of ISM Lockport. Live lobsters shipped from east coast and cooked to perfection. Live music and bar service by Embers Taphouse. $60. Includes one drink. Visit.mainstreetlockport.org/events.html.
• Pancake Breakfast with Future Priests – 8 a.m. to noon, Mary Immaculate Catholic Church gymnasium, 15629 South Route 59, Plainfield. Seminarians will serve and dine with attendees. Free will offering
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season. Visit villageoffrankfort.com.
• Weber's Strudels registration deadline Benefits – $9 each. Benefits St. Mary Nativity School. Order Forms in the office at 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Pick up strudels from 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 19 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 20. Call Myrna Nevarez at 815-701-4173.