• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Free Veterans Breakfast – 7 to 8:30 a.m., Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub, 525 S. State St., Manhattan. Sponsored by Kevin Molloy State Farm Agency at 815-463-5800 and The Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub at 815-478-7820.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Oct. 21, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• West Suburban Community Mobile Pantry Visit – 4 to 6 p.m., White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Bring own bags and boxes. Visitwhiteoaklibrary.orgor contact Beverly Krakovec at 815-552-4225 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gluten Free Cooking – 7 to 8 p.m.,Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Mary Krystinak, owner of Mary’s Wholesome Living, will guide attendees to make muffins using whole grain gluten free baking mix in this hands-on class. Limited to Plainfield cardholders. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldlibrary.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Health Watchers Nutrition Group – 4 to 5:15 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Probiotics, immune-boosting foods and simple ways to meal plan. Sampling of a new one-pot meal each program. Presented by Chris Rosandich, nutrition educator and Beth Bogan. To register and for information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Thanksgiving/Christmas Baskets and Stars of Hope registration – 4 to 7 p.m.; also Oct. 16, MorningStar Mission’s Drop-In Center, 364 E. Washington St., Joliet. For families with children under the age of 17. One food basket per family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Christmas gifts for each family member. For more information, call 815-722-5780 or email email@example.com.
• “Got Beer? Your Guide to Buying, Storing, Serving, and Enjoying Beer” – 6:30 to 8 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Presenter: Former professional brewer and master beer judge Mike Pezan. Samples provided. 21 and up. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or 815-552-4260. For more information, contact Kelsey Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org ]email@example.com.
• Veterans Breakfast – 8:30 to 10 a.m., Plainfield American Legion, 24741 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. Guest speakers include Linda Chapa LaVia, acting director, Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs. Hosted by State Sen. Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant. RSVP at SenatorBertinoTarrant.com or with Samantha in Bertino-Tarrant’s Plainfield office at 815-254-4211.
• Cooking Demo: Autumn Pastries – 4 to 5 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Recipes and samples provided. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Annual Ham Dinner – 4 to 6 p.m., United Methodist Church, 105 Davison St., Joliet. Meal includes ham, scalloped potatoes, vegetable, cole slaw, breads, beverage, dessert. $10 adults. $4 12 and under. Carryout available. Call 815-722-2383.
• Swiss Steak Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., Elwood Community Church, 101 N. Chicago St., Elwood. $10 adults. $5 12 and under. Carryout available.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season. Visit villageoffrankfort.com.
• Teen Tasters: Candy Apple Decoration – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Make and decorate own candy apple. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Snacks on Snacks on Snacks – 6:30 to 8 p.m.,Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Chef Susan Maddox will show kids in grades 6 to 12 how to make great new snacks. Samples provided. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldlibrary.org.