• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Oct. 28, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., St. Lawrence Catholic Church, 135 E Rice Road, South Wilmington. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Teen Tasters: Candy Apple Decoration – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Make and decorate own candy apple. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Snacks on Snacks on Snacks – 6:30 to 8 p.m.,Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Chef Susan Maddox will show kids in grades 6 to 12 how to make great new snacks. Samples provided. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldlibrary.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., Smith Family YMCA, 1350 Briggs St., Joliet. Visitsolvehungertoday.org.
• Sweet Treats Cookbook Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. This month: "Ghoulish Goodies" by Sharon Bower. Call 815-552-4280, email Faith Healy at email@example.com or visitwhiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Scary Cupcake Decorating Contest – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Frankfort Public Library, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Presenter: Sarah Howlett, owner of More Please. Teens. Call 815-534-6178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Turkey Dinner – Seatings at 4, 5 and 6 p.m., Minooka United Methodist Church annex, Annex 306 W. Massasoit St., Minooka. $15 (adults), $7 (ages 4 to 7). Ages 3 and under are free. Reservations not required. Carryout 4 to 7 p.m.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season. Visit villageoffrankfort.com.
• National First Responders Day – Station One Smokehouse, 15025 S. Des Plaines St., Plainfield. Restaurant open from 4 to 9 p.m. for first responders and their families only. Dine-in only. 50% discount. ID required. Visit stationonesmokehouse.com or call 815-271-MEAT (6328)
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 5 to 7 p.m., Village Christian Church, 8965 South Bell Road, Minooka. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Coffee Tasting – 6 to 8 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Enjoy samples and compare coffees from different regions. Learn various brewing methods, how
to identify flavors. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.org.