• Through January stop by Blackbird’s on Liberty St. in Downtown Morris to see our Steve’s Real Food–styled window, grab some free samples and take advantage of specials. For more information, contact Ayssa Mauzer at 815-941-9311 or email@example.com or visit blackbirdsbowl.com.
• Affordable pet vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., 2 Paws 4 U Pet Bakery, 1736 Essington Road, Suite C, Joliet. No appointment necessary. For information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Affordable Pet Vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Cat adoption – 1 to 3 p.m.; also 5 to 7 p.m.; also Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Hopeful Tails Pet Adoptions – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Louis Joliet Mall, 3340 Mall Loop Drive, Joliet. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Read With Frog The Dog – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Relax and read to a dog, Frog or a certified therapy dog. Open to all ages. Registration for one 15 minute time slot is required. Limit 10 per 15 minute slot. Call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.