• Wooftastic Reading with Dusty – 10 to 11 a.m.; also July 8 Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing" – 8 a.m. to noon, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s, Lake Renwick Heron Rookery Nature Preserve, Plainfield. Bring own binoculars. Free. All ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Bison Hikes – 11 a.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. Ranger-guided hike to look for the bison. Learn about Midewin’s unique past, present and future in a fun and interactive way. Call 815-423-6370.
• Horse-themed Story Time – 11 a.m., Frankfort Country Market, Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. "Tex and Wally's Journey to Becoming Therapy Horses," will be read aloud. Books available for $10. Proceeds of each book sold going to Angel Hooves Healing Hearts, Inc. Tex and Wally will be present to "sign" books. For information, call the Frankfort Public Library District at 815-469-2423 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• “Meet a Beekeeper” – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Plum Creek Nature Center, Beecher. Mike Rusnak will discuss beekeeping. Q&A. 18 and older. Free. Registration is not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Moths of Illinois – 7 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St. Plainfield. Celebrate National Moth Month with a look at the drab to dazzling moths in Illinois. Gardening enthusiast Judi Deszcz explains the life of a moth. Adults Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.