• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Oct. 14, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Weber's Strudels registration deadline Benefits – $9 each. Benefits St. Mary Nativity School. Order Forms in the office at 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Pick up strudels from 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 19 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 20. Call Myrna Nevarez at 815-701-4173.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Books and Beer Book Discussion – 7 p.m., White Oak Public Library, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Featured: "The One" by John Marrs. Contact Gayle Szpytek at 815-552-4230 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fall Fest with Friends – 4 to 8 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Hall, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. All you can eat German/American dinner and cake from Fleckenstein’s Bakery. Hot dogs available. Auction items. Benefits preservation of Schmuhl School and ongoing student programs held at the school. Carryout available. $15 (adults) and $5 (under age 10). Kids under 3 are free. Tickets available at door or call 815-485-5576.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Joliet Food Truck Festival – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Joliet Memorial Stadium, 3000 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Featuring more than 20 food trucks, DJ entertainment, beer garden and a vendor village featuring local businesses.
• Pork Roast Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., ! First United Methodist Church 401 E. Kahler Road, Wilmington. Pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, green beans, beets, cole slaw, rolls, homemade desserts, beverages. Carryout available. Free will offering appreciated. Proceeds support local charities. Auction tables benefit Our Caring Closet. Call 815-476-5474.
• Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 11 a.m., American Legion Auxiliary Lockport Post 18, 151st and Archer Avenue, Lockport.. All-you-can-eat pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs and homemade biscuits and gravy. $8. Children 5 and under are free.Benefits local veterans.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season. Visit villageoffrankfort.com.
• Free Veterans Breakfast – 7 to 8:30 a.m., Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub, 525 S. State St., Manhattan. Sponsored by Kevin Molloy State Farm Agency at 815-463-5800 and The Roadhouse Restaurant and Pub at 815-478-7820.
• West Suburban Community Mobile Pantry Visit – 4 to 6 p.m., White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Bring own bags and boxes. Visit whiteoaklibrary.orgor contact Beverly Krakovec at 815-552-4225 or email@example.com
• Gluten Free Cooking – 7 to 8 p.m.,Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S. Illinois St., Plainfield. Mary Krystinak, owner of Mary’s Wholesome Living, will guide attendees to make muffins using whole grain gluten free baking mix in this hands-on class. Limited to Plainfield cardholders. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldlibrary.org.