• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Oct. 28, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• National First Responders Day – Station One Smokehouse, 15025 S. Des Plaines St., Plainfield. Restaurant open from 4 to 9 p.m. for first responders and their families only. Dine-in only. 50% discount. ID required. Visit stationonesmokehouse.comor call 815-271-MEAT (6328)
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 5 to 7 p.m., Village Christian Church, 8965 South Bell Road, Minooka. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Coffee Tasting – 6 to 8 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Enjoy samples and compare coffees from different regions. Learn various brewing methods, how
to identify flavors. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 5 to 7 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Rte 59, Plainfield. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Teen Cooking – 4 to 5 p.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Make Oreo spiders, no bake Halloween bars, gluten free cheesy pizza dip. Cost is $1 per person. Grades six to 12. Register at library. For more informatioin, contact Shannon McVay at 815-634-4552 ext. 119 or Shannon@ccpld.org or visit ccpld.org.
• CoffeeCake and Crime – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Featured book: "Mycroft Holmes" by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Music starts 7:30 p.m. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Teen Pizza Tasting Party – 4:15 to 5 p.m., New Lenox Public Library,120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. To register, call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Free Pancake Breakfast – 8 to 10 a.m.,First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Everyone welcome.
• Coffee Technique 101 – 10 to 11 a.m., 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Krema Coffee House in Plainfield will discuss the importance of grinding and how it affects extraction to make the best cup of coffee. Coffee samples for all. Call 815-725-1715 or visit shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• Free Spaghetti Dinner for Senior Citizens – 3 to 5:30 p.m., Plainfield United Methodist Church, Plainfield. Hosted by Plainfield Lions. For information, visit
• “Hallelujah” Soup Supper – 4 to 6:30 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Vegetable beef and chicken and shells soups. Includes choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. Carryout available. $9 (ages 13 and up), $4 (ages 6 to 12), $2 (ages 3 to 5). Children age 2 and under eat free. Benefits church building fund. Tickets sold at door.
• WCHS s-PAW-ghetti Dinner – 1 to 4 p.m.,Troy Township 25448 W. Seil Road, Shorewood. $15. Under age 6 eat for free. Dinner price includes raffle ticket. Benefits renovation at Will County Humane Society. Call 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.com.
• Spaghetti Dinner – 3 to 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church 509 E. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. For information and resources, visit solvehungertoday.org.