The New Lenox Safe Communities America Coalition has developed a program for parents of new teen drivers.
This video conference take place via Zoom from 7 to 8 p.m. June 25.
The program will feature guest speakers from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office, Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 driver’s education department, Top Driver Driving School, the New Lenox Police Department and Country Financial.
The program will cover the following:
• Illinois’ Graduated Driver Licensing program – history, phases & sanctions.
• Lincoln-Way Driver Education curriculum – classroom & behind-the-wheel.
• Police officer perspective on how GDL is enforced in New Lenox.
• Guidance for parents, including delivering 50 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction.
• Auto insurance considerations having a teen driver in the house.
The GDL Parent-Teen Driving Guide created by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office will be available as a PDF and a “Student Driver” magnetic car sign will be available from event coordinator Rocky Dellamano of Country Financial.
Registration is at Eventbrite.com.
Prior to the event, a link to the Zoom video conference will be sent to all registrants via email.
For more information, call Daniel Martin, at 815-462-6493 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.